|It consists of hormones Levonorgestrel and Progestin which helps in avoiding pregnancy within 72 hours of coitus. Women often misunderstand it as abortion pill. But Plan B is an emergency contraceptive pill which can only prevent pregnancy but cannot terminate existing pregnancy.
Pregnancy can happen after unprotected intercourse or splitting of condoms. Women who have predictable cycles can experience irregular patterns in periods due to travel, stress, illness etc. Only during periods the pregnancy is not likely to occur. When sperm enters the uterus it can last for two or seven days inside. The egg in the uterus lasts for 72 hours so unprotected intercourse after the process of ovulation can end up in forming pregnancy.
How Plan B Prevents Pregnancy?
• By delaying the process of ovulation it prevents the egg fertilization.
• By causing change to the lining of the uterus it avoids implantation.
• By preventing the sperms from entering the uterus.
How efficient is Plan B?
Plan B decreases the possibility of pregnancy by up to 98%. But for Plan B to work efficiently there certain point’s women need to keep n mind
• Implantation of fertilized egg should not take place prior taking Plan B.
• The Plan B contraceptive pill should be consumed within 72 hours of unprotected intercourse.
How to use Plan B?
• Take one Plan B pill as soon as possible after unprotected coitus.
• There are mild minor side effects of Plan B that can cause nausea, vomiting, headache. These effects eventually subside after few hours or days. If the woman vomits within two hours of consumption she can consume another pill if the pill taken before is expelled out while vomiting.
• The menstrual cycle begins within three weeks of consumption of Plan B.
Who should avoid Plan B?
If the women is in the initial stages of pregnancy Plan B will have no effect in terminating the pregnancy as it is a contraceptive pill and not a abortion pill.
Women should check for her health history for any interactions or allergies with the ingredients of Plan B.
• Bleeding which is unusual and undiagnosed.
• Any heart or liver disorder or if the women is breastfeeding.
Is Plan B harmful?
Plan B is not harmful and further pregnancy or abortion is possible after consumption of Plan B. There may be irregularities in menstrual cycle which will be normal eventually. The flow of menstrual cycle can be heavy or light. If the periods do not take place for three weeks after the consumption of Plan B then check for the pregnancy test.
Where to Buy Plan B?
Women can buy Plan B online as the cost and price is affordable and the shipping services are convenient for women all over the world. Women can order these Contraceptive pills online as they can quickly prevent pregnancy without sharing it with anyone. Plan B cost online is also very affordable and reasonable. Women can buy Plan B by just a one click from anywhere in the world.
Any side effects of Plan B?
Plan B has normal common mild side effects like nausea, vomiting, headaches, cramps, diarrhea, dizziness, breast tenderness. Women can experience menstrual cycle changes.
What is the right Plan B Dosage?
Plan B can have to be consumed only once in a month. It may affect the monthly menstrual cycle if consumed more than once.
About the Author
Christopher Smith is an exceptional health editor and medical officer for eight years and has contributed content for Plan B after pill, birth control pills, Yasmin contraceptive pill online. He has worked with many medical directors and health analyst for his extensive research on these emergency contraceptives.